Friday, April 29, 2016

No Water


 

            Today, after a long run, I came back to my house looking forward to taking a shower, but sometimes things don’t always go as planned. I went to turn on the water…and NOTHING!! I was immediately infuriated, went over to the sink to make sure we had absolutely zero running water in the apartment and NOTHING there either! I called our property management company to discover that we would be without water for 1 hour due to road construction happening right outside. Then after feeling upset about not having water for one whole stinkin hour, I got convicted.

            I was reminded of how incredibly BLESSED I am, from the roof over my head, food on the table, clothes on my back and running water 24/7 except for this one measly hour. I began to think about how many people in the world don’t have access to clean water (around 1 Billion), let alone running water. Living with many luxuries that we have in the United States, we often forget how much we have in excess and what necessities truly are, me included. This can be a hard truth to hear, but it can be inspiring. It can lead us to reevaluate what we consider as essentials and challenge us to think about what can we bless others with.

            Let’s take today and truly reflect on what do I need and what could I use to bless someone in need. How can we be an instrument of God’s love and grace to those around us? Let’s take today and not get upset about the small stuff (like being without water for 1 hour!) and remember how richly God has truly blessed YOU!

.love.

Matthew 6:19-21 (NIV)
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. “

1 Timothy 6:7 (NIV)
“For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.”

No comments: